Monday, July 30, 2012

Left my heart in San Francisco! Seriously!

For Landon's job he is sometimes required to travel for conferences and such. When he found out he was going to be going to San Francisco we figured it would be a nice cheep trip for us seeing we would only have to dish out money for a plane ticket for me!


Neither of us had been before and so we were super excited! Our traveling philosophy is to have an idea of things we would like to see but we don't really plan much beyond where we stay and how we are getting around! I feel like this leaves us with a lot of freedom to wonder and see things we wouldn't normally, it also takes a lot of stress out of trying to stay on schedule and fit everything in. We still always end up seeing and experience more that we can imagine.
We didn't rent a car because the public transit went everywhere, and you had to pay to park everywhere you went. We spent a lot of time waiting for trains until we finally mastered the metro schedule and routes. Landon didn't have meetings this day so we did lots of our sight seeing then.


Chocolate Heaven!


Only day the bridge wasn't covered in fog!


Experienced our first food truck! Yummy pizza! Del Popolo!


F the most to die for ice cream place! Smitten!


And took time out to climb at the coolest gym right on the bay! Planet Granite!
The next two days Landon had conferences all day so I wandered on my own! I walked around the beautiful Berkley campus! Found an amazing ice cream sandwich shop steps from campus, CREAM! Visited a local chocolate factory TCHO! Boudin bakery! And of course the beach!At nights when Landon was free we enjoyed walking around and eating good food! We became food truck addicts! I wish we had good ones in Utah! They we all so gourmet! We went to a food truck rally one night and got to taste a little bit of everything!





Best cupcakes EVER! Cupkates bakery!

On our last day in the city we decided to rent some bikes and experience the city like the locals, and see the last couple of things on our want to list!


Golden gate park!


The beach!


Lands End!


And the bridge on a foggy day! And we weren't tempted to jump at all!



We ate way to much amazing food, enjoyed the sights, amazing culture perfect weather, and we loved every minute of our trip, I would love to go back again, I mean there are like 3000 more restaurants I need to try! I'm a total foodie! If it wasn't so expensive to live there I thing I would be tempted!


Much love,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment