Saturday, May 15, 2010

A day in the City and a Belated Five Faves for Friday...Edition 4

Weekends are my favorite! Usually Saturday is the one day of the week where I get to see Landon for longer then 10 min.  Normally we just kick back and relax on saturdays and get stuff done around the house but today I just wanted to get out....So Landon surprised me and wisked me off to Salt Lake to have some fun!
.
So we started the day off by finding this cute little sandwich shop across the street from Temple Square, called Hagermann's. It was SOOOO! good I had the best turkey sandwich and cobb salad! Not only was the food amazing but because they aren't open on sunday they had a ton of bread and baked items that would go bad before Monday, So they gave us two loafs of bread, several pastries and brownies and cookies, for FREE! YUM Im so excited for them!
.
After walking around down town we headed up towards the U of U and decided to head up to the U on the mountain. I had never been up there and thought it would be fun to go. After driving up many winding roads we finally found the one that took us up to the U. It was a fun time to go climb up there, and it made me even more excited to graduate next year and get my picture in front of the U in my cap and gown.


.
After that we headed over to The District to the Hobby Lobby (my favorite store) to pick up some fabric for a project Im working on (a post to come about this when im finished). After I had some free movie tickets that I earned at work so we caught a movie. We saw The Last Song, I had read the book and wanted to see it. It was pretty good giving the fact that it had Miley Cyrus in it, but like always the book was better. After the movie we ate at WingNutz, Landon and I have a horribly not good for our health love of wings, and theirs are the best! 
.
So it was a great day, spending it with my cute hubby making new memories!
.
Now for my 5 Favorites from the past week, some of these have been updated after such a great day in the city today!
.
Awhile ago I saw a preview for an up coming movie called Eat, Pray, Love and I thought it looked really good. I found out it was based off of a book and so I figured that I would read the book first! I have started reading Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert and Love it already, its a good read!
.


After eating lunch here today I am a HUGE fan, their sandwiches and salads were amazing! And their cookies and bread are so delicious! So if you are ever in SLC and want to somewhere you cant get at home stop in Hagermann's Bakehouse Cafe and have a good meal! You can find them on the web HERE.
.


Here is another thing that made the list after our day today. The Hobby Lobby! I love this place, it seriously has everything! I am so excited when I found out that they are opening one in Orem, now I wont have to drive so far to get my Hobby Lobby fix. For those of you Oremites wondering what im talking about, anyone remember the old Circuit City building? Well in a few long months it will be the new Hobby Lobby! CANT WAIT!
.


I saw these at the store the other day and I had to try them. The new Pretzel M&M's are so good! I hope they keep these around because I am already addicted!
.


I am starting to have a serious need for one of these! I keep on having to steel my Mom's to work on all of the projects I want to make. I used to think I would never use a sewing machine because I would never be "Martha Stewart" enough for one...but now Im thinking I might have to give Mrs. Stewart a run for her money!
.
So any new favorite things anyone came across this last week??
Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment