Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Lately I have had a really hard time coping with change, and lately I have also been really emotional on top of everything so that made this last weekend almost unbearable!

To start off with my boss decided that it would be in my "best interests" to transfer me to a clinic in salt lake. So last Friday was my last day working at the clinic I had been at for the last 1 1/2 years! It was hard enough just the thought of working someplace new but on top of that I had to say goodbye to some of my best friends I had made there. They were so sweet and made me a cake and a going away card and helped me pack up all my stuff, I got in my car and drove away....and then proceeded to cry the whole way home.

Also this weekend because I now have to drive up to salt lake every day now Landon decided that I needed to have a more reliable newer car with better gas milage, so we preceded to go through the fun experience of car shopping. After much debate we finally decided on a 09 hyundai sonata and started to sign papers, and my water works started up! I was a mess! Landon kept on asking if I was sure I wanted to go through with it, I finally had to leave the room so he could get all the papers signed I'm sure the salesmen must have thought I was a nut job.






The top picture is my dear car I had to give up, I loved that thing! I bought it on my 22nd birthday! And the bottom picture is my new car I'm breaking in, it wasn't my car till it got its new U of U sticker on the back!

It's not so much that I was not happy getting a new car, it's that I was just I was going to miss my old one so much! I loved my car! It was the first really big thing i bought as an adult by myself, and it's the only car I have owned that I have managed not to get in to some kind of accident! After handing over the keys I sobbed the whole way home in my new car.

Now that i have be wen working in my new job and driving my new car for a week now I have started to get used to all the change and Im doing better. But I still miss my old co workers and it really odd going out to the parking lot and trying to find my car and it not being there. I used to not be so bad with change so I wonder if I will ever be able to handle it with out breaking down to a sobbing mess again.

1 comment:

  1. Mich! I totally know what you mean about missing your old car. I still miss Weston some times, but I'm trying to get used to our sonata. I enjoy it, but haven't had any "big memories" with it yet (I can't even name it yet).
    I hope you're enjoying your new job. Where in Salt Lake? Now that you're in Salt Lake more, we should get together...
    Hope you're getting used to the change!

    ReplyDelete